In this webinar, participants will learn about recent developments and opportunities in the R&D Tax Credit area which can potentially benefit many start-up companies and small to midsize businesses. Leveraging his 24 years of R&D credit experience, Cedar will cover basic overviews of the R&D credit and what activities and expenses qualify as well as dive into some relevant and timely detail about the Start-Up Payroll Tax Credit election and the AMT Relief opportunities which are applicable to so many businesses across the US. Cedar will also cover some frequently asked questions and spend time answering your questions about the R&D Credit. Many start-ups may need to act by 12/31/17 to preserve their 2016 R&D Credits.
- Understand the basic R&D credit mechanics involved in calculating the R&D credit.
- Distinguish the R&D Credit Payroll Tax Election opportunity from usage as an income tax credit.
- Identify requirements for a Qualified Small Business to make the R&D Payroll Tax Credit election.
- Recognize the ability for certain businesses to offset regular tax and Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) using R&D Credits.
- Identify requirements to be considered an eligible small business for AMT relief.
Who Should Attend
Anyone seeking to understand how R&D credits might benefit start-up companies or small to mid-size businesses. Finance, accounting or tax professionals who work for or serve companies involved in developing new or improved products, software or manufacturing processes.
Participants should install the GoToWebinar software prior to the beginning of the webinar.
- Managing Director
- Warner Robinson LLC
Cedar Robinson is the co-founder and a Managing Director of Warner Robinson LLC, one of the Nation's leading R&D tax credit consulting firms. Cedar has been specializing in the R&D credit since 1993 including many years at PwC and Grant Thornton before forming Warner Robinson LLC in 2009. Cedar has helped hundreds of small and large businesses maximze their R&D Credits. Cedar also has extensive IRS audit expertise which helps guide and lead each project he works on.
- (816) 600 - 6150
|GenCast (Sponsor ID: 137505) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org|
Date & Time
Thursday, December 7, 2017
2:00 PM EST
(see additional timezones)
|Delivery method:||Group Internet Based|
- To receive CPE credit for the event, you must register for the webcast prior to the start of each program.
- CPE certificates will be issued via email to those who met the minimum participation requirements within 1 week of the conclusion of the webinar.
- Multiple attendees: Multiple attendees: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event and let us know.