In this webinar, Greg Kyte, CPA and comedian, will show how various findings in the fields of behavioral economic and behavioral psychology can be used to increase ethical behavior in the accounting profession. Attendees will learn about behavioral anchoring, the impact of social dynamics on ethical behavior, and how the ego affects the rationalization of unethical behavior.
- Differentiate between aggressive and incremental dishonesty and the cumulative effects of each.
- Identify subtle yet common ways companies communicate tolerance toward unethical behavior.
- Understand that no one is immune to unethical behavior and that accountants are expected to behave perfectly ethically.
- Recognize the extent to which unethical behavior is contagious.
- Learn techniques to reduce rationalization of unethical behavior.
Who Should Attend
CPAs and other financial professionals interested in behavioral ethics as it relates to the accounting profession.
Participants should install the GoToWebinar software prior to the beginning of the webinar.
- Comedy CPE
Greg is the co-host of the ThriveCast, a monthly podcast on running your firm like an actual business. He is a regular blogger for the THRIVEal CPA Network, and his cartoons are being run on GoingConcern.com. He is a fellow of the VeraSage Institute, and Accounting Today included him in its 2013 and 2014 lists of the Top 100 Most Influential People in the Accounting Profession.
Greg is also a stand up comedian. He has shared the stage with Pete Holmes, Kyle Kinane, Chris Kattan, Rob Schneider, and Weird Al Yankovic and has been featured in comedy festivals in New York, Atlanta and Salt Lake City.
- (801) 722 - 4662
|GenCast (Sponsor ID: 137505) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org|
Date & Time
Thursday, June 28, 2018
2:00 PM EDT
(see additional timezones)
|Subject area:||Ethics – Behavioral|
|Delivery method:||Group Internet Based|
- To receive CPE credit for the event, you must register for the webcast prior to the start of each program.
- CPE certificates will be issued via email to those who met the minimum participation requirements within 1 week of the conclusion of the webinar.
- Multiple attendees: Multiple attendees: Each attendee should register separately for the webinar. If more than 1 attendee participated from the same device, please contact us after the event and let us know.